Tips and Suggestions
Tips on Preventing Plumbing Problems
Our professional plumbers have over 30 years experience, and just about seen it all when it comes to plumbing failures. Very frequently, however, a homeowner can be proactive in preventing plumbing problems! Here are some helpful tips from our pros on how to prevent plumbing problems, and save yourself time and money!
- Periodically pour boiling water down kitchen drains to clear.
- Do NOT put pasta or rice down the drains!
- Use ice cubes to clean your disposal.
- Use a plunger on heavy drain lines.
- Plug overflow before plunging.
- When plunging, emphasize the pull-back action…its what clears the drains.
- Check well tank with pressure gauge, every 6 months.
- Pressure is the low side of switch, 20lbs for 20/40 switch, and 30lbs for 30/50 switch.
- The right pressure adds years to your pumps and saves on electricity.
- Have your septic pumped every 3 years or what is required by county code.
- Check screens on washer for debris when pressure is low.
- Remove all hoses during the winter from hosebibs.